Sunday, November 9, 2008

Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Lemon and Asparagus Recipe

Well, hubby is out of town again but I cooked supper anyway. We had too much leftover of course so I called our wonderful neighbor whose whole family we just adore to come and take some of the food off our hands. She loved the dish and I so I emailed her the recipe. Well I thought I'd share it with other moms too. So here it is (and it really is very delicious.)

Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Lemon and Asparagus (A Martha Stewart recipe)

1 1/2 lbs. new potatoes halved
3 tablespoons of butter (I used more)
salt and pepper
1 package of chicken legs
1 bunch of asparagus trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
thyme (calls for fresh, but I just use ground 'cause it's in the pantry)

1. Preheat oven 475 degrees. Place potatoes and half the butter in a shallow roasting pan (less than 3 inches deep). Season with salt and pepper. Roast tossing once until potatoes are golden about 20 minutes.
2. Place chicken skin side up on top of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken begins to brown about 20 minutes.
3. Scatter asparagus, lemon, remaining butter and sprinkle lightly with ground thyme on top of chicken. Roast until asparagus is tender and chicken is opaque throughout, about 15 minutes more.
Serve drizzled with pan juices.

Enjoy ya'll!

3 comments:

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Sounds delish!!!

AUDREY {LIL' BOOGER BLOG} said...

Sounds YUMMY! I will try this recipe for sure! I LOVE ASPARAGUS!

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

This looks so yummy! I will have to try it!