Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Autumn Crafts

Remember my saying that I wanted to explore my crafty side? Yeah, me too. Well I am genuinely trying, but before you get too excited to find out how I've accomplished this autumn candle- just remember I am a beginner who usually buys all the crafty decor in my home.
I'm starting simple (and cheap) so I took a candle and a holder that I already had around the house. To it, I added some assorted fall potpourri that I found on a clearance aisle at Target. Voila! And the best part is that I didn't even hot glue all those little pieces to the candle. The pine cones stack nicely on their bases and the dried flowers stand just fine so I will be able to remove it all once fall is gone. Like I said, don't get too excited. I'm a novice and I've gotta start from somewhere.


But for those of you who are craft gurus, I did find an autumn craft over at Better Homes and Gardens that I'm sure you'd love to try out. It is adorable framed art with a Welcome message for all your guests this season. Visit http://www.bhg.com/decorating/seasonal/autumn/fall-welcome-message/ for all the instructions on how to make it.
Happy Crafting!




No comments: